Monday, April 27, 2009

Here is a progress report on my current commissioned portrait. I would like to introduce you
to Duchess. She is a beautiful, bloodbay ,Warmblood mare. I feel very fortunate to paint her!! There will be another portrait of her with Ryan riding her. She is a lovely mover!!

This piece is a 16 x 20 Pastel on suede matt board. There is still much to do with both her and the background. Just wanted to get this out there for you all to see.

Having my day off. I have gone back to working Thursday through Sunday. This way I will have Monday through Wednesday off on a regular basis. Hopefully it will help me to get back in a better, more productive routine.

I have also taken the step --I have asked for help. Not something I do easily. In trying to keep my energy up for doing my artwork, and having only limited time I came to the realization that I can't do it all (well). Big surprise! I have met someone who will help me to keep the homefront a little cleaner and dog hair free so that I can free up my energy to keep up with my art work. Yeah!! Thank you Angela!

The finished piece will follow!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: